Amy Alston Wells
Amy graduated from Davidson College in 1993 and completed her J.D. at the University of Virginia Law School in 1996 where she served as the Subscription Development Editor for the Virginia Tax Review. During her time at Davidson College, she also received the Wall Street Journal Award for Economics and was a member of Phi Beta Kappa and Omicron Delta Epsilon, the International Economics Honor Society.
Amy is actively involved in her community and is frequently asked to speak and lecture for various organizations. These include accounting organizations, seminars for nonprofit organizations as well as seminars for small business owners. She designs her lectures to educate people on business and estate planning, nonprofit corporations, and tax matters. In the North Carolina General Practice Deskbook, Amy contributed as author and editor on the chapter, “Like Kind Exchanges.”
Amy is married and has two children.
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D. 1996)
- Davidson College (AB, Economics, Magna Cum Laude, 1993)
- Licensed to practice in North Carolina (1996) and South Carolina (1996)
- American Bar Association (Tax Section and Business Section)
- North Carolina Bar Association (Tax Section and Business Section)
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Pitt County Bar Association
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina